Thursday, September 8, 2011

Duality

"Duality" (the balance of Life) has been popping up in my Life's 'stream' quite a lot lately; and by no coincidence either, I feel. Is our world balancing itself, or is it the opposite: Is our world so far out of balance that it is a matter too impressing to ignore, forcing us to look for the rainbow through the rainfall? It's no secret that Duality exists universally - on the macro scale, micro scale and everywhere in between - but it's fascinating to me that we all realize this balancing force differently in our individual perspectives. This inspires me to ask:

What does "Duality" mean to you? Do you notice it often, and In what ways? How does it make you feel when you sense it?

To me, duality is motion. Perspective is dependent on duality. It is contrast, conflict, and conclusion. I see it on the train. I hear it on the street. I feel it as I drift to sleep.

Sure I've made treasure of another persons trash. I do frequently. I also judge a person through observing them, and then discover the other side in conversation with them. I shake off the bitter winter and thank it for giving me reason to love summer.

I close my eyes and feel as though I am stationary and everywhere at once. Duality gives me purpose.

I am curious about others though, I want to know how you feel about Duality. Is it woo-woo bullshit for new age hippies; or, is it the driving force in your life?

eh?

Never stop moving,
Nathanael

No comments:

Post a Comment